One of my favorite parts of fall fashion is hands-down the accessories; you have SO much more to choose from than you did in spring and summer! Scarves, hats, gloves, chunkier jewelry pieces, your options are endless. To paraphrase Vogue magazine, fall fashion this season is, “all about strength.” The polished, commanding feeling that we saw hit the runways definitely carried into accessories – fur bags, rich colors, animal prints and tons of embellishment. This season’s accessories are strong enough to stand on their own and make a statement.
Here are a few of my picks for how to interpret the fall accessory trends we saw on the runways for everyday wear:
- Bib necklace - I love a bib necklace to add a little glam to an otherwise bland outfit. Make sure to pair with a neckline that either frames the necklace, or is a subtle background.
- Bracelet watch - I don’t usually wear a watch but I love the look of this leather wrap-watch. Sleek, yet substantial.
- Calf hair studded clutch - The metal studs add a little edge to the ladylike shape of this bag.
- Metallic wrap scarf - I love a cozy scarf, and the metallic thread in this one adds just the right amount of sparkle.
- Leather Gloves - Maybe I’ve been watching too much Sons of Anarchy, but I think these leather gloves are très chic. Add a little rock and roll to your outfit!
- Leopard Sunglasses - Sunglasses are a year-round staple in Socal. I love the shape of these.
- Hook-and-eye belt - Wear this oversized belt over a simple dress, or use it to keep a drape-front wrap closed. Super versatile.
- Studded ballet flat - I love the beige/rose gold color combo on these, and of course, the studs. They add an edge to the otherwise sweet ballet flat.
- Floppy brim fedora - I’m not typically a hat person, but I’ve this season I’m making it my mission to be one. I’ve been seeing so many cute styles lately! I love the camel color and grosgrain ribbon detail on this one.
What accessories are you loving for fall?
SEMI OFF-TOPIC SIDE NOTE: Every single time I do a fashion blog post I think about this clip from Curb Your Enthusiasm. If you don’t watch the show, you should. Or at least watch this short clip of the greatest child actor of our time. “THE FASHION!!!” Enjoy :)